Agreement and terms and conditions of business
1. Scotdent Clinics Ltd trading as Scotdent Academy will be referred to as the Company from this point forward. This agreement will refer to the organization or the individual responsible for paying the invoice as the client and the participant on the course as the delegate.
2. Once a booking has been confirmed by the Company then the Company cannot accept any responsibility or liability if the client or delegate defaults from the booking. No fees will be refunded if the delegate does not complete the course or attend all of the lectures or learning sessions and fees will remain payable in full, unless point 10 applies.
3. The full course fee is due when the Company confirms the delegate’s place on the course and can be paid in full on booking using our online system, on presentation of invoice by cheque or electronic transfer, or by monthly Standing Order.
4. The Company cannot accept responsibility or liability if the delegate fails to complete the course because of an effect or omission on the part of the client or delegate. Therefore, the delegate must ensure that s/he is able to meet the requirements of the course before the commencement of the course.
5. The Company reserves the right to cancel courses that do not attract sufficient numbers of delegates to ensure viability. The Company reserves the right to make appropriate changes to the course timetable and content or to cancel a course due to circumstances beyond its control and liability shall be limited to the refund of fees paid in this instance.
6. The Company reserves the right to postpone a course or individual lecture or session within the course due to unforeseen circumstances or to offer alternative arrangements without liability for any consequential or indirect loss.
7. If the Company cancels the whole course all monies paid by the client to the Company in respect of the course fees will be returned to the client.
8. Where the client applies to pay course fees by Standing Order the Company reserves the right to check the Client’s credit worthiness prior to confirming the delegate’s place, and to refuse the option of paying by Standing Order.
9. Where the client elects to pay for the course fees by Standing Order, if the client cancels the Standing Order or misses a Standing Order payment, the remainder of any fees outstanding will be payable in full within 30 days of the missed Standing Order payment date.
10. If a delegate withdraws from the course or cancels their place after their booking has been confirmed the client will be charged up to the full fee for the course depending on the length of notice given. All notifications of cancellation must be given in writing to the Company.